Forests play a crucial role in the world's environment, health and economy - yet they are under threat.
Our World Forests Summit assembled a leading group of experts from around the world to identify common ground and discuss mechanisms for forest stakeholders to work together differently.
The summit openly explored the tensions and compromises that are involved in creating a thriving global green economy, delivering fresh insight into solving critical challenges at both global and national levels.
Topics discussed included:
- Forests and our future – what is the outlook for 2030?
- Can we put the value of forests onto the balance sheet, and if so, will it help to balance conservation with growth?
- How are forest products industries adapting their business models?
- What is the role of forests in mitigating climate change?
The World Forests Summit - where CEOs, government ministers, scientists and activists met to agree on the framework for future sustainable management of a precious global resource.
Download the event brochure
World Forests Summit 2013
Achieving sustainable forest management on a global scale
- Full programme and speakers
- Last year's highlights
- Booking form
Click the button below to download the event brochure.